Pittsburgh Elite is a 5v5/7v7 is a youth football program designed to take your child's football skills to the next level. This program is perfect for young athletes who love the game and want to improve their skills, both on and off the field.
Travel football provides a fun and competitive atmosphere for players to showcase their abilities and learn from experienced coaches. The non-contact nature of flag football allows players to focus on reading and reacting to game situations, improving their overall football IQ.
Playing in a travel flag football program also provides a bridge between youth tackle football and the high school level. Our players consistently show improvement when they return to their school or tackle teams in the fall. Coaches notice that these players are better equipped to throw tighter windows and are more confident against their competition.
Defensive backs who face elite wide receivers during the summer season also return ready to compete at a higher level. Our program provides an excellent opportunity for players to build on their skills, work hard, and have fun. Join us today and be a part of the Pittsburgh Elite family!
2023 NFL FLAG CHAMPIONSHIPS in Las Vegas
Take a look at our journey from Pittsburgh to Las Vegas as our 11U team competed in the biggest tournament of the year.
This was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for our team, and we want to invite you to give you a behind-the-scenes look
as we took on the best teams from across the country. Simply click on the link below to access our YouTube channel and watch all the action as it happened. This will give you an idea of what you can expect as a player in this organization and we hope you will join us on our journey to Las Vegas in 2024! Click the link now to watch our 2023 journey to the NFL Flag Championships!
2023 TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE
NFL FLAG REGIONAL TOURNAMENTS
Perfecting your technique
Multiple in-game scenarios
Fine-tune your skills in the offseason
Repetition, repetition, repetition
Competition breeds excellence
Learn to gain a competitive edge
Moments of great individual accomplishment
Requires a very rough physical touch
Realize the importance of taking care of your body
The more media exposure the better
Gain access to a wider audience
National scouts cover the tournaments
Establish yourself as a credible athlete
Maximize the impact of positive media coverage
1) What makes Elite different from other flag teams? Our focus is the development of the total athlete, both on and off the field while providing a competitive environment and the best chance of exposure for all participants. We use tournaments as an off-season development tool to help each athlete perform their best on Friday nights or Saturday afternoons.
2) Can I play travel flag if I play other sports (basketball, baseball, lacrosse, etc.)? Absolutely. The Pittsburgh Elite 5v5 program is built around the Long Term Athlete Development model and we firmly believe all athletes should participate in multiple sports. Practices, tournaments, and training sessions fit in the margin of other activities.
3) Do I have to attend every practice? We encourage athletes to make as many practices as possible to take advantage of the Elite coaching staff’s knowledge and to learn offensive/defensive schemes, however, we respect that other sport/family conflicts will arise throughout the season.
4) What is the Pittsburgh Elite College Roadmap & Advocacy Program? The Program is a collection of college contacts, information, and best practices to help families navigate the recruiting process. We provide resources to athletes and parents on how to contact college coaches, plan academic schedules, create highlight tapes, and more. In addition, the Elite coaching staff has a connection to the college coaching staff at all levels across the country and will help be an advocate to these schools for Elite athletes. Click here for more info.
5) What is the schedule for the Pittsburgh Elite Travel season? Please check back for a preliminary 2022 schedule.